Planning Your Excursion
Useful tips and info to help teachers plan a school excursion to Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium.
- The Aquarium is open from 9.30am to 5.30pm every day with last admissions STRICTLY 4.00pm
- School excursions are permitted at any time during opening hours
- Between 4pm and 5pm each weekday, we provide teachers the opportunity to visit the aquarium in advance and have a 30 minute pre-visit planning session with one of our educators. Bookings are essential, and at least 24 hours' notice is required. Please email email@example.com to book in your pre-visit and ensure you bring your teacher's registration card with you.
- It is recommended you allow approximately one and a half hours at the Aquarium
- Excursions can be self-guided, or our education staff can also provide a curriculum-based classroom lesson (approx. 45 minutes)
- School buses are not permitted to enter the Kelly Tarlton's carpark in the daytime. Unless specifically told otherwise, your bus stop for dropoff and pickup is located outside Hammerheads, 19 Tamaki Drive. All self guided visits must enter the aquarium through the main entrance.
- Bookings are essential
- Payment is made on the day by cash, school cheque or credit card, or by invoice on approval. Students cannot pay individually
- Exclusive discount school meals and gift shop items are available by pre-order only