Family sleepovers at Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium
Why not treat the family and bring them down to SEA LIFE Kelly Tarlton's Auckland for an awesome night's stay!
Sleepovers are a family experience, designed for parents to bring their children or a child and a friend. We will allow a maximum of 3 children for every parent booked.
- A night-time guided tour around the aquarium
- Behind the Scenes Tour including a fish feed
- Supper before going to bed under our magnificent sharks, stingrays and fish.
- Breakfast of cereals, toast and juice will be served the
At a great price of $45.00 per person, it's Auckland's best value overnight stay!
Our family sleepover dates for 2017 are:
- Saturday April 29th
- Saturday July 15th
- Saturday October 7th.
Spaces are limited, booking is essential.
Bookings must be made over the phone and payment will be taken at time of booking.
Book your place today!
Phone: 09 531 5065 / 0800 80 50 50
(Office hours 9am-5pm Monday to Sunday)
By providing payment details you accept all conditions of purchase as outlined below. You must bring proof of payment with you to the aquarium.
1. How much is the sleepover and what is included?
Our sleepovers are $45.00 per person. This includes the following:
- A guided night-time tour of the aquarium
- A behind the scenes tour including fish feeding
- Sleeping overnight in the aquarium
- Supper and breakfast the following day
2. Can children attend the sleepover?
Yes, children can attend a sleepover. They must be at least 5 years old and accompanied by an adult at all times.
Sleepovers are a family experience, designed for parents to
bring their children or a child and a friend. We will allow a
maximum of 3 children for every parent booked.
3. What are the minimum and maximum numbers required for a sleepover?
The minimum number of people for a sleepover is 30 and the
maximum number of guests for our sleepovers is 70.
4. What sort of food will be served?
We provide a supper of biscuits and juice and breakfast of
cereals, fruit, toast and juice (hot drinks available for
5. Can we bring alcohol to the sleepover?
No, all sleepovers are strictly non-alcoholic. If you would like
a function which includes alcohol you will need to book the
aquarium for a private function.
6. Where will we be sleeping?
During your sleepover, you will be sleeping around Fish Gallery
or in our famous shark and shipwreck discovery tunnel. It is a
communal sleeping area which will be shared by the entire
7. Are there showers available for use?
No, there are no showers available for the sleepover, only
8. What time does the sleepover start and finish?
Our sleepover begins at 7pm (You will need to have dinner before
arriving) and runs through until 9am the following
9. What should I bring to the sleepover?
Things to bring:
- Comfortable clothing
- Covered shoes for Behind the Scenes Tour
- Sleeping bag or other warm bedding
- Sleeping mat
- Sleep sheet and pillow
- A camera if you wish.
Things to leave at home:
- Laser lights
10. I have booked a sleepover, what bedding do I need to bring?
You are required to bring your own sleeping mat, sleeping bag,
blankets, sheets and pillows.
11. Which animals will I see?
During your sleepover you will get to see jelly fish, stingrays,
sea horses, eels, tropical fish, sharks in the famous shark tunnel
and in the morning our majestic penguins (King and Gentoo).
12. What is the format of a sleepover?
For the first 2.5hours you will have a host who will guide you
around the aquarium. They tell great stories about Antarctic
explorers and some of the animals that live at Kelly Tarlton's.
During your walk through you will see a wide range of
Staff stay overnight to manage safety aspects for your group.
13. What else can we do in the area before and after the sleepover?
Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium is located 5km out of the
heart of Auckland City, so there are plenty of nearby activities
for everyone such as Sky tower, Mission Bay, Bastion Point lookout
and Orakei Domain to name a few.
14. Do I need to supervise my child at all times?
Yes, all children must be supervised by their guardian at all
Sleepovers are a family experience, designed for parents to bring their children or a child and a friend. We allow a maximum of 3 children for every parent booked.
Family Sleepovers Terms and Conditions
- Bookings must be made over the phone and full payment processed at time of booking.
- Children must be at least 5 years old and accompanied by an adult at all times.
- We allow a maximum of 3 children for every parent booked.
- We require a minimum of 30 people for the sleepover to run.
- Kelly Tarlton’s reserves the right to cancel or reschedule our sleepovers if minimum numbers are not met upon which time a full refund will be given.
- Cancellations must be advised in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations between 0-5 days prior – NO REFUND
- Cancellation 6+ days beforehand – FULL REFUND
- Date changes not permitted 0-3 days prior to the sleepover
- Date changes are possible 4+ days prior to the sleepover subject to availability.
- Transfers to friend/family member possible as long as friend/family member meet participation criteria.