Shark Dive Xtreme
Get closer to sharks than you ever thought possible - no diving experience needed!
SAVE UP TO 30% WHEN YOU BOOK ONLINE!
NOTE: This experience is for people aged 18 and over.
All divers MUST be able to speak English. We regret for health and safety reasons we are unable to allow non-English speakers to dive with our sharks.
Don't miss the adrenaline rush of a face-to-face encounter with a shark. Shark Dive Xtreme is the ultimate thrill for those wanting to get as close as possible to real life sharks and requires no previous scuba experience.
$200 WALK-UP - FROM $140 ONLINE!
$265 WALK-UP - FROM $186 ONLINE!
- Introduction to SCUBA diving briefing and pool skills session
- Cage free dive with the sharks
- All equipment supplied
- De-brief and certificate
- Price includes entry to the aquarium for the participant. Accompanying visitors are eligible to a 20% discount off their entrance fee. To obtain this discount visitors must be booked by phone at the same time or enter the aquarium with the participant. Not valid with any other discounts.
This cage-free dive in the predator tank will see you up close and personal with some 23 sharks, including the Sand Tiger Shark, plus short-tailed stingrays and fish from New Zealand's coastal waters.
This is one shark story you'll be happy to tell! The experience takes approximately 2.5 hours.
*IMPORTANT*: Click to read the T&Cs before booking
*IMPORTANT*: Click to read the Medical Assessment form now
Refunds CANNOT be offered for guests who book but do not meet the criteria for participation detailed in the above documents.
This adventure is for divers aged 18 years+. Please note that some medical conditions will prohibit participation. Please read the terms and conditions linked above and check criteria for participation summary before booking. No refunds will be given if you arrive for your animal adventure and do not meet the criteria.
What to Bring
Participants are supplied with a wetsuit and SCUBA diving equipment which must be worn for the duration of the programme. Please bring swimwear for under your wetsuit, a towel and wear closed in footwear (no jandals or sandals are permitted 'behind the scenes'). Shower facilities are available. No personal underwater cameras are permitted on the shark dive.
10.00am - 12:30pm, Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday (except Christmas Day). You MUST arrive at least 15 minutes before your Animal Adventure begins.
Bookings ARE ESSENTIAL for all encounters. Availability of Animal Adventures are limited and can be pre-booked online now, or by telephoning reservations on +64 9 531 5065 or 0800 80 50 50 (free phone within New Zealand).
- VERY IMPORTANT: Participants must be aged 18yrs+ to be able to participate
- All divers MUST be able to speak English. We regret for health and safety reasons we are unable to allow non-English speakers to dive with our sharks.
- No personal underwater cameras are permitted on the shark dive.
- Certified divers must bring their dive certifications with them.
- All participants must complete and sign both the Kelly Tarlton's SDX Terms and Conditions which includes a Statement of Understanding and Assumption of Risk Agreement and the Medical Declaration. If applicable, a doctor's medical clearance must be displayed to the adventure guide
- Participants must follow instructions given by the guide
- If you are pregnant you will not be allowed to participate in this Animal Adventure
- Participants with asthma or any medical conditions listed on the Medical Declaration form must have a doctor's medical clearance to dive
- Participants must be able to quickly exit the pool area unassisted
- Participants must be competent swimmers/ able to swim unaided
- Participants must have controlled motor movement
- Participants are not to travel in an aircraft or international flight for 24 hours from the completion of the dive
- Maximum four (4) people per session
- Kelly Tarlton's SEA LIFE Aquarium reserves the right to cancel or cease a Shark Dive Xtreme encounter or to ask a participant to leave the encounter if the participant does not follow instructions given by the guide or is likely to endanger themselves or others.