Experience an on-the-ice encounter like no other, as you venture into the world's largest Antarctic penguin colony display with Penguin Passport!
For the first time ever in New Zealand, we're giving our visitors the opportunity to experience an intimate on-the-ice encounter with our amazing penguins.
Penguin Passport allows visitors to explore the wonderful snow-filled penguin enclosure and the opportunity to get up close and personal with the magnificent King and Gentoo Penguins. Visitors will enjoy a private Q&A session with an experienced Penguin Keeper as part of the experience. Photos of your experience are taken while you are on the ice, and are included in the price.
Penguin Passport - General Information:
- When: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday & Sunday at 10.30am
- How many: Maximum FOUR participants per day
- Participants MUST be aged 14 years or older - Participants under 18 must be accompanied by a Parent or Guardian.
- Click here to read the declaration form before booking
Normal Price $199 - ONLINE PRICE FROM $159
Save up to $40 when you book online!*
- Price includes entry to the aquarium for the participant. Accompanying visitors are eligible to a 20% discount off their entrance fee. To obtain this discount visitors must be booked by phone at the same time or enter the aquarium with the participant. Not valid with any other discounts.
Or telephone us on ( 09 ) 531 5065
Advance bookings essential
Terms & Conditions
Tour times and days are subject to change, for the most up-to-date information call (09) 531 5065
You will be asked to complete a Penguin Passport declaration form on arrival. This will include the following:
- Are you 14 years or older?
- Have you been in contact with birds in the last 24 hours?
- Are you able to navigate stairs?
- Have you suffered from Flu/Cold/Gastro/Respiration infection in the last 48 hours?
- Do you understand that no jewellery, watches, mobile phone or cameras can be taken on the tour?
- In order to be confirmed, a booking must be paid in full.
- Cancellations must be advised in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Cancellations between 0 - 5 days prior will receive no refund.
- Cancellations 6 days or more prior will receive a full refund.
- Date changes are not permitted 3 days or less before the booked experience.
- Date changes are possible 4 or more days before the booked experience subject to availability.
- Transfers to friends/family members possible as long as friend/family member meets participation criteria.
*Online prices vary due to demand and season.